Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mary Anderson

Plan:

I will create a competitive portfolio that will blow the minds of my dream firms in the Salt Lake Valley area, such as Riser Media, Axis41, and Struck. I would like to start my own freelance business on the side primarily focusing on wedding invitations; as that is something I really enjoy. I will research many design firms and find the ones have qualities I am looking for and apply to all of them.

Resume:


Mary Anderson
miss.mary.anderson@gmail.com
435-590-8864


Education:

BFA in Graphic Design
Southern Utah University
December 2012

Work Experience:

App Designer 
AppVantage, LLC
2012-Present
Creates App designs for multiple phone platforms and the ipad

Staff Supervisor 
Diamond Ranch Academy
2009-May 2012
Coordinate activities & events
Work with students, staff and parents
Ensure quality work
Prepare reports, certificates
Performed tasks as assigned
Train staff in groups and individually

Graphic Design Intern
Cedar Breaks National Monument
2010-2011
Designed educational wayside signs to educate the patrons visiting the monument 

Coursework & Software:

Web Design I & II & III
Branding
Typography I & II
Publication Design
Photography
Printmaking
Advertising
HTML 5
CSS3
PHP
jQuery Mobile
Photoshop
Illustrator
Indesign
DreamWeaver

After Effects

Honors & Accomplishments:

Deans’ List
3.8 GPA
Cline & Jane Dahle Scholarship
Deans’ Scholarship

References:

Jeff Hanson 
Assistent Graphic Design Professor
Southern Utah University
435-592-9521

Jay Merryweather 
Assistent Graphic Design Professor
Southern Utah University/Merryweather Studios
760-900-9574

Brady Anderson
CEO/Co Founder
Appvantage, LLC
208-919-7499

Mckel Cleveland
Assistant Program Director
Diamond Ranch Academy
435-773-1050

Artist Statement:

I remember designing my displays for the science fair, redesigning my vocabulary sheets, and making movie tickets for my family before having a movie night. I learned very young that there was a way to live where I could do all the things that I love.

As a designer, I have always been drawn to work with others. I enjoy design because it allows me to develop meaningful and creative relationships. Teamwork is how I like to roll.

I aim to communicate my ideas in a variety of ways. I am comfortable working on the computer as well as creating hand-made pieces. There is something special about the smell of fresh ink and the feel of paper. I am a total nerd for the tangible  I am quite interested in web and User Interface design also. It's rewarding in an entirely different way. I enjoy mixing creativity within the restrictions that interactive coding and development present. Where invisible design can easily move the user through an application seamlessly.

I love what I do. I love my life.

The Big Break:

Week 1 // Sept 30 thru Oct 6
Contacted George Dansie, Art Director at Marketing By Design, Inc. He has some freelance jobs that I could get from him once I graduate. Basically he just gets multiple jobs from different clients and then distributes them to his designers. Whoever is good at each thing. 

Week 2 // Oct 7 thru 13

Talked to my current boss at AppVantage about working there after I graduate. He said that he would love to have me work for them but it would only be part time. 

I also talked to Debra Greenband from the Bridal Showcase Exhibitors. We talked about me having a booth at there event in January to promote my wedding invitation business. It would cost about $500. But if I got 5 clients out of it I could easily pay off the amount. 


Week 3 // Oct 14 thru 20
Refined my resume and finished putting that together and got it signed off. 















No comments:

Post a Comment