Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Amanda Barrett

The Plan:
To build an amazing portfolio that will land me the job of my dreams.  I want to find the best design job in the Cedar City area I can while my husband finishes school.  I would also like to do freelancing projects from my own studio on the side.



The Resume:

Amanda Barrett Jensen 
Phone (435)   E-mail Barrett_a24@yahoo.com

Education:
 B.F.A. in Graphic Design from Southern Utah University
    

Work
Experience:
 ◆ Graphic Designer & Photographer, Southern Utah University-College of Performing and Visual 
Arts  2010-present
◆ Graphic Designer, SUU Advertising Agency- Centurium Consulting Group  2009-2010

Skills & Proficiency:


Proficient in: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver,
Bridge and After Effects. Familiar withMicrosoft Office and Works.
Drawing, Sketching and photography. Handcrafted design and sculpture.
Leadership & Service:
◆ Creative Director-National Student Leadership Conference-Inside the Arts
◆ Soccer Coach-AYSO U19  2009-2010 
◆ Concessions Manager-Parowan Soccer

Art
Exhibitions:
◆ Southern Utah Plein Air Society Show Fall 2009
◆ Heritage Center Show Fall 2009
◆ Escalante Plein Aire Competition Fall 2009
◆ Kolob Canyon Review Spring 2008
      Photography Published
◆ High School Fine Art Competition Spring 2007


Honors and Awards
◆Dean’s List
◆Sterling Scholar in Computer Technology
◆Academic All-State
◆ National Honor Society

References:
    ◆Michael French
    ◆Clarisse Lunt



Portfolio Pieces

















 Website Home 


www.cargocollective.com/amandabarrettjensen


 


 Big Break 

This first week I looked for a job to apply for in Cedar City.  What I found is there are not any at the current moment.  So next week I will have to broaden my search to outlying areas.

Checked with the CPVA department to see if there were any continuing positions for design.
There are no positions available.

Applied for job with SUU financial aid department
postion already filled

Applied for design position with JJ Cole Designs
Haven't heard back yet



 Artist Statement 
     I am a designer, varied and lighthearted.  My work is very process oriented.  I work with sculpture, drawing, painting, and digital media.  My work is intuitive and adaptable.  My work is both technical and effervescent in nature.  When possible my work can be playful.  Design is my passion.  I view design as an important tool of communication as well as personal visual inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment